Monday, December 29, 2008

My first ride was a scooter

So the first motorcycle I rode was a Rabbit scooter. OK maybe it wasn't really a motorcycle but I remember being at a friends house and my sister coming over (Her best friend was my best friends sister) and saying "Dad just bought a motorcycle". I remember hopping on my Stingray bike and pedaling as fast as I could to get home to see it. "A Scooter"!!!.The funny part is when they finally let me ride it they didn't really explain it very well telling me to twist the throttle to go fast but not telling me twist it the other way to slow down. I rode around for what seemed like a half hour pushing on the brake with the throttle wide open trying to slow it down. Finally my brother ran along side and pulled my hand from the throttle which then allowed the scooter to stop. Who would have known that would impress me so much I would make motorcycling my life's passion. I was 8 years old. Here's a pic of that scooter.
Today I have another scooter a Piaggio MP3 500 which is one of three that I've had the other being a 250 Elite Honda. After 80 plus bikes everything from a 305 dream to a YZFR1LE. Scoot's hold a place in my heart.



























No comments:

Post a Comment