Monday, April 20, 2009

Another of Daryl's bike


This may be somewhat trivial... but this is/was one of my favorite old scoots!
This was done when I was fifteen, all in metal shop!
My shop teacher was the best! Good ole' Collage Park High.
I cut everything off the frame that wasn't needed, including welding the pegs to the bottom loop.
I hand built the pipe....rolled the cones on an anvil with a rawhide mallet, 26 sections in all. One of the 1st snake pipes?
I painted the tank at one of sis's old boy friends body-shop. Hand machined the fork sliders (Ceriani front-end)
Webco head/24 mm Mikuni carb....Lookin' back the thing really hauled ass!!
Even made the side-stand in shop. Man...those were good days!
I only wished I could afford to race..... back then!
D.

Well buddy my hats off to ya because that looks like a sweet little Hodaka and my guess is you could ride like the wind standing up on the pegs and never sit down.

No comments:

Post a Comment