Thursday, February 5, 2009

1988 CBR1000F Honda



This bike was one of those bikes that Honda had left over and sold cheap. I believe it was $3995 and for that price for a brand new 1000cc sportbike I couldn't pass it up. Loved the bike but it had some bad luck issues.

First one was a ride up to North Star in the Tahoe area. I had the bike parked in a lot for the condos we were staying at and when I came out in the morning someone had run into it from behind. They hit it so hard it knocked it into the car next to it. Then they stood it back up and left no note. Insurance kicked in and $2300 later it was fixed. I got a ticket driving it home from Tahoe and another taking it to the dealer to get it fixed.

Then driving down 680 a guy was tailgating me and to make a very long story short we got into a fight on the side of the freeway. I had to do a citizens arrest because the guy was drunker than a skunk. It was his second DUI. Our fight was broken up by a FBI agent that just happened to be passing by. The guy wanted to sue me but the judge sided with me and his attorney told him don't even go there.

After a few other little things like a recall that required they pull the engine apart. I decided to get rid of it. I traded it in on my 1990 VFR but while waiting for the VFR to get ready it fell over in the parking lot and broke everything that had just been fixed. Nice bike just bad vibes so I was glad to get rid of it


2 comments:

  1. I always thought that Hurricane was one of the prettiest of the fully faired bikes- hard to improve on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was beautiful just not a very lucky bike

    ReplyDelete