Saturday, February 7, 2009

ATC 90/110

My brother got one of the first ATC 90's in town and proceeded to roll it down the hills at Parkmead school. Nearly making it to the top he looped it (he has a way with that) and down it rolled. Now if you have ever seen one of these things roll down a hill you know it's a spectacular thing. There mostly tires and balloon tires at that. When they roll they bounce and they can bounce pretty high if they build up enough speed. So here comes this thing rolling and bouncing and all you can do is run and hope it doesn't hit you. It was never the same after that but it wasn't the only time it happened and he wasn't the only one to do it..
Later they came out with a ATC 110 which I bought and just playing around again up at Stonyford we had just got there and I was sliding though a turn and hit a little V ditch. It flipped and I broke my collar bone.

Many years ago you could ride all over the Stonyford/St. Johns mountain area. Nothing was off limits like today and we stayed in a place called Pocket Camp on the North side of St. Johns mountain. It was about an hours ride in by truck but no one was around. With a broken collar bone all I could do is lay still for the next 3 days until it was time to go home because no one really wanted to leave and lets face it you don't do much for a broken collar bone.
First thing everyone says when they see three wheelers is "Those things are dangerous". I personally like three wheelers better than quads because you can throw them around a little easier but that's just me.

No comments:

Post a Comment