Thursday, January 15, 2009

1971 Yamaha R5

Lots of memories with this bike. It was bought from Rick Shell in Lafayette and was the first bike I road raced.

My buddy Tompinky wanted to run it around the track and while prepping it stuck a screwdriver in his eye so he was out of commission for awhile and he talked me into doing it instead. That started something that I really thank him for today. I really enjoy the track. I was never really fast but always finished top 10 and sometimes better if things went right.

Here's an old picture at Sears Point on that bike. Notice the hiking boots and socks exposed. I don't think you can get away with that today. Sears Point like me looks a little different today. It's been cleaned up and I've let myself go. No worries though, It's been a great life.

No comments:

Post a Comment