Saturday, January 31, 2009

1989 Honda NX125

Surfin Craigs list I came across a NX125. It's a different little bike and I always liked the NX series they made a 250 and 650. This ad said 2k miles and $800 dollars. I was in Walnut Creek and it was in Antioch. I called the guy and told him I wanted it. He said "I just put it on Craigslist and have 3 guys coming to see it". I hopped on the ST and flew out there but on the way the traffic on Hwy 4 was really backed up. I split lanes and arrived at his house. It was still available and it was nice so I bought it. These bikes usually go for around $1500 in this nice of shape. I gave the guy $100 bucks to hold it and a car pulls up. "Is the bike still available ?" he says. "Nope this gentlemen just bought it" and with that the guy looks at me and said " You split lanes by me on the Highway". He was a little upset because he had been looking for one for years.

After I had had it for a couple years a young man from CC Fire came in the shop and saw it sitting in the Motor Shop and said " My dad had one just like that" It turned out to be his dad that I bought it from. Small world.

1 comment:

  1. Do you still have the bike? Is it for sale? I also have 89 NX 125 and want another one.....

    thanks,
    Tom
    tomkat4573@aol.com

    ReplyDelete