Thursday, January 15, 2009

1985 RZ350

It's 1985 and Yamaha brings out the RZ350. My old racing buddies say "Let buy some RZ's and go racing". Next thing you know Tompinky, Mikey, Erine and I all have brand new RZ's and we are putting the 600 mile break in on them while at the same time prepping them for race day.

Mine was NICE. Mikes looked like a Kawasaki then it looked like a Honda and Tompinky's looked like well, Tompinky's. He was never one to wash a bike.



Here's a great picture of Mikey with his Honda RZ350 (No they didn't make one he did) Needless to say it was a hit at the track



We all had a great time and I stopped racing when a youngster took me out in the carousel at Sears Point and broke my heel which was a hard bone to heal (No pun intended). It was a lot of fun but working on crutches for the next 8 weeks really sucked.


Here's Mr Pinky who always claimed to be faster than me but in all the races we raced only was only able to beat me once. That's a race that will live in infamy. He saw it one way and I saw it another. "WHO CARES" ????.

Tompinky 1986 with duct tape for knee pucks

Life at the track was fun but sometimes got more competitive than I liked. Track days make it fun again.

1 comment:

  1. Nope, Ernie's always looked like an RZ. It was Mikey's that looked like a Honda, a Kawasaki, the Wonder Bread motorcycle, and...well, it always looked "different." :-) Remember the red, white, and blue stripes?

    ReplyDelete