Friday, January 2, 2009

From My Buddy Daryl


Well, Tomm I'm not a blogger....but here goes.........
It all started in 1969, this kid I went to school with said he had a mini-bike in his garage! We siphoned some gas from his moms car and it was on !!!! This thing was a Penny's Foremost no clutch, just push-it and gas-it Wa.....Hooo! From that day on my life was changed. Never had I experienced anything close to that cool! That was a tough year for me. Sixth grade, new school,new friends, mom even made me join PCL baseball(not my cup of tee). Seems the only thing that kept me going was the thought of two wheels between my legs, and how I could do it again? Well Mom and Dad were pretty cool after-all....I got a used Taco 44 for my birthday, 3.5hp Briggs, springs in the forks and all! (man that thing ate jackshaft sprockets) Got all that stuff from Joesph's lawn mower shop. (I'm sure you remember) My parents had a hard time gettin me off that thing ! That is..........., until my 1972 Yamaha Mini-Enduro...................life would never be the same! What a machine.......although I do remember this guy who lived up by the lakes who had an SL 70 that would beat me in a drag-race. Rick and I are still friends to this day. I guess I could go on forever............I'll just let the list speak for itself.
Taco 44 (year?) (discovered masturbation)
1972 Yamaha Mini-Enduro 60 (better than masturbation)
1972 Steens Factroy Hodaka 100 (short tracker)(not the mini)
1975 Yamaha 250 MXB (first production mono-shock)
1969 Triumph Trophy 250
1972 Norton 750 Commando Roadster(traded the 250B)
1976 Kawasaki KZ 650
1979 Kawasaki Mk 2 1000
1982 Kawasaki KZ 750
1983 Maico 490 Spyder
1998 Honda VTR 996 (my fave)(Norton was very cool too)
2007 Yamaha FJR 1300
The list is not long..............just full of GREAT MEMORIES Oh yeah ........ there was a 250 Bultaco (which i gave away, as I did the Norton?) And almost forgot.......there was a CB 200 that did 'stoppies' before the word was even invented !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have ridden and shared many motorcycles with friends over the years....... (can't do that with your wife)
Daryl.
by the way ..........the Blog was neat! Wish I had pic's of my old stuff! wait this is actually my old Norton........Nice to see it's still around!

No comments:

Post a Comment