Tuesday, January 13, 2009

1973 CB750

As I turned 16 my dad and I had planned a trip across the United States, We both rode CB750's. I was 15 when we left on Saturday and Sunday was my 16th birthday. I tried to get my real drivers licence on Friday before we left but was turned down by Walnut Creek DMV after being told I could. I ended up taking the test in Chula Vista Ca.
The next 2 weeks were spent on the bike going across Arizona, New Mexico, Texas, Louisiana, Florida, Georgia, Alabama, Mississippi, Arkansas, Oklahoma and then back though Texas, New Mexico, Arizona, Nevada and then home to California. Not bad for the first motorcycle ride the day you turn 16.
My dad would tease me because I got home sick in Oklahoma City. We left there Sunday morning and slept in my bed Tuesday night putting on over 1000 miles in one day. Hard to see the sites that way but at 16 that's not what it was about for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment