Thursday, January 29, 2009

1992 Yamaha TDM 850



Story


I guy stops by the shop and as a lot of guys who see bikes parked in front of good old Walnut Creek Vacuum he came in to find out who owns all the different bikes that get parked out front over the years.

Then the conversation stems to "What kinda bikes do you have ?".

"Well", he says, "I have a ex 500 Kawasaki and a Yamaha TDM 850". "Tell me about the TDM". "Well it's nice with 6k miles". "How nice ?". " I'll bring it by"

So like a month later he shows up with what has to be the nicest TDM I have ever seen and wants "All the money" for it. DONE. Great bike to ride around on but once again it was a 15 year old bike when I got it and old bikes ride like old bikes. I kept it for 2 years and sold it for "All the money".
I have to keep telling myself don't buy old bikes. They cost to much to maintain and are only fun for a short period of time. Less is better. Quality over quantity. The really great bikes I keep for awhile and the so-so ones are gone in no time.

No comments:

Post a Comment