Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Honda Interceptor's

I've had three Interceptor's the first was a 1983 that I ordered 6 month's before it got here from old Walnut Creek Honda when they sold motorcycles, now they only sell cars. Great bike for it's time, If I remember they did a 11.3 1/4 mile which was as good as my old CBX 1024cc and it was only a 750cc


I also had a 1986 500cc Interceptor which I traded straight across for my 1982 CX 500 Turbo to a guy who just stopped by the shop and said "You want to trade ?". I didn't really like the bike at first because everyone had one but in the end it was one of the best. Handled like a dream and stopped on a dime. I could carry speed into a turn better than any bike I'd had to that point so kickin butt on bigger bikes on the twisties was easy. I learned a lot ridding this bike. When someone says smaller is better this is what they mean.Then there was my 1990 VFR. I had this bike for 11 years which is longer than I keep most of my bikes but then that's how good it was.
This line of bikes still lives today which says a lot.

1 comment: