Friday, January 9, 2009

1982 CX500 Turbo

My CX500 Turbo was a fun bike but lacked the handling and had the turbo lag issue most turbos have. It was a good little touring bike with pretty good wind coverage but fit and finish were not up to Honda standards. I believe it was better in the CX650 series that followed. My leg was in a cast from a knee operation and I for the first time couldn't ride the bike home from the dealership. My buddy Dave did the honors but I found myself making a support and a reverse shifter so I could ride the bike with a cast on. It wasn't easy but I couldn't bare having a bike in the garage that I'd never ridden. It's only one of many stupid things I've done but not the only time people saw me riding with crutches hanging off the back of one of my bikes.



No comments:

Post a Comment