Friday, January 16, 2009

1979 XL 500 Honda

This bike was a lot of fun !!!
I rode it up to Stonyford and back countless times with no sissy trailers involved. I hit the road then once there I hit the fire roads at full speed, did a little camping for a few days then hit the road again for home. I beat this bike to death and it ran and ran, to my recollection it was one of the first bikes you could do that to and not have to wrench on it along the way.
This was one of the best dual sport bikes I'd had up to that time. It was the right bike at the right time and I had so much fun on it. My buddies at the time trailered up to Stonyford but sometimes I rode which was nice because someone had to bring the camping gear. I like riding alone, you don't have to worry about other riders and you can ride at your pace. On the other hand it's nice to have friends along too and a little safer.

OK so now I can add video. Wish I had some of the old days.

No comments:

Post a Comment