Wednesday, January 21, 2009

1982 FT500 Ascot

When Honda came out with this bike I had to have one. Great commuter and fun in the twisties.
Richard had one too but his was red and the starter kept going bad.
"Hey Richard, Maybe you shouldn't have put that high compression piston in that bike". The starters were already overloaded.
One story I have with this bike was really about Richard and his FT500. We were at a stop light over in Pittsburg coming back from a ride. I think I was on my CX500 turbo. Just getting ready to leave the light before you go up and over Kirker Pass we both started racing our motors as if to drag race when the light turned green. When it turned green Richard took off and I pretended to but instead pulled away slowly. Once Richard saw that I didn't take off fast he stood it on the rear wheel and rode it though first and second gear. It was a nice wheelie. Only problem was right before the light turned green I noticed a cop two cars back. As the cop went flying by me with his lights blaring I was laughing so hard I just about wet my pants. I pulled off the road about a 1/4 mile up and waited for him.
He tried to tell the cop his throttle stuck but even I heard him blipping it as he rode the rear wheel. That ticket matched a couple others he had and I think he lost his licence for awhile. Always entertaining to ride with Richard.

No comments:

Post a Comment